I haven't used wool very often, but when I have I've found that it makes for a very soft quilt. It has a bit more loft that the Quilter's Dream cotton, but it's not super thick. If you'd like to see a sample of it, just let me know & I will stick a sample piece in the mail & send it your way.
Here's some information about the QD wool batting, from their website:
Dream Wool is made with a Scoured and Super Washed Domestic & Fine Merino Wool that has been blended, carded, crosslapped & thermally bonded.* The wool is scoured and super-washed for superior cleanliness and to eliminate shrinkage. Quilters Dream's unique processing creates wool batting with exceptionally soft drape, uniformity and strength. Dream Wool is a beautifully consistent batting that is truly a 'cut above'.
- May be Machine Washed and Dried without Shrinkage.
- Confidently stitch up to 8 inches apart. Dreamy to Quilt. No Scrim or Resins to Resist Your Needles.
- Light, Luxurious and Wonderfully Warm with a Lovely Soft Loft that Beautifully Accentuates your Quilting.
- Resistant to Creases and and Naturally Resilient Dream Wool Springs Back to its Original Loft.
- Quilters Dream Wool is Exceptionally Durable, Rich and Resilient Ensuring that Your Quilts will be Treasured for Generations.
- Dreamy for Hand and Machine Quilting. Also Excellent for Tied Quilts.
- Ideal Mid Loft for all Your Quilted