Monday, November 10, 2008

Challenge quilt















This is a wall quilt for the TSMQ group challenge. TSMQ- Tri State Machine Quilters- meets every few months or so in Sioux Falls. Everyone pieced the same pattern & quilted it differently. Their goal was to have quite a few differently quilted pieces to send to shows so people could see how the quilting changes the look of the quilt. The only problem is, I'm not sure I want to send it away.... I spent quite a bit of time on it, and while it's far from perfect, I like how it turned out.
There's going to be a craft show in Boyden on the 29th, so I'm going to hang this in my booth to show an example of my work.
The quilting patterns are my own, I drew them out & used washable blue fabric markers to mark on the quilt. It was really a mess before I washed the whole thing.
I wish now that I had done the background filler a little smaller, but done is better than perfect. It will be a good lesson for next time.

No comments: