Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A few of my own projects

Here a few of my own projects that I've been working on lately.  I'm making a quilt for J's bed, using a pattern from this book:
Scraps & Shirttails by Bonnie Hunter


I'm using red, white, and blue scraps from my collection of fabrics, and also some recycled cotton shirts.  I love this fabric with the words to the Pledge of Allegiance on it. 

This is a really easy pattern- you start off with 2.5" strips, 18" long.  I sewed 40 strips together, and then sub-cut into long 2.5" strips.  So far the body of the quilt you see here measures 62" x 80".  I'm going to add some borders, and I also saved 3 strips of 2.5" squares to put in the borders, too. 


And, here's a table runner I put together on Saturday (just the top- it's not quilted yet).

I used some leftover blocks from the border of this quilt:


Very easy & fast since the half-square triangle blocks were already done & just waiting for a home. 

No comments: