Wednesday, November 14, 2012

recent projects

I haven't been keeping my blog very up to date, have I?  I've been having some trouble logging in & also posting pictures, so I've been puting off trying to get things to work.  Hopefully today it will go well.  

Here's a new pattern called "Modern Squares" (copyright Konda Luckau).  I used it on this t-shirt quilt, and am happy with the results.  I think it will be a good option for teen quilts, or one needing something geometric.



Also designed, pieced, and quilted this Vikings quilt.  I've been saving the Vikings shirts that the boys have grown out of, and decided to put them together into a quilt.  It's a throw size, about 50x60.  I don't like buying or following patterns, and so I designed this myself, to fit with the shirts that I had.  The picture below shows the quilt before I added the gold binding around the edges.  This is going to the Boyden Fire & Rescue auction on Saturday night, so if you are looking for a gift for the guy in your life, you can bid on it at the silent auction.  It has a purple fleece backing & cotton batting.


No comments: