Sunday, December 21, 2008

What I've been up to....

Yesterday was the classic blizzard snowed-in day, so I decided to give soap-making a try... here's a picture of the bars just cut up...


I have been wanting to try this for a while & yesterday was the perfect day for it. I was a little leary of the whole lye- thing, but it went fine & was pretty much uneventful.
This batch is vanilla scented. The bars have to cure for 3 weeks before using.

The weekend before, I started on this baby quilt- it's all frayed-edge applique, if you can even call it that. The squares are just laid down & I quilted 1/4" from all the edges to hold them down. I'm going to wash it to fray the edges & hopefully it will be a nice snuggly quilt.


And lastly, here's the picture from our front window, after the raging winds have died down today. I have a feeling C will stay busy with the snow blower this winter. Do you see the snowman little C & I made a week ago? It looks like it's got it's arms up calling for help! "I'm drowning!"

No comments: