Thursday, February 25, 2010

Baby quilts

I've just quilted to two of my own baby quilts lately- the first one is a fun zig-zag quilt, pieced without triangles using this technique:
I quilted this with a new ice-cream cone pattern that I designed. After I finished the quilt, I re-designed the ice cream cone to look a little more realistic & curvy.
The backing has a fun strip of leftover pieces from the front. I think it adds a little interest to the back.




And this boy quilt is my own design, using up scraps from other projects. It's fun to look over the quilt & remember other quilts that I've worked on. I suppose it can be a sort of I-spy quilt, there are things like frogs, fish, and cars to find in the scrappy areas. I quilted this freehand, using the Circuit Path pattern.





2 comments:

Vicki W said...

What cute quilts. I love the ice cream cone design!

Desert Threads said...

Very cute!!