Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Little fabric basket


I've been enjoying reading so many others' blogs, and was inspired to try making a fabric basket from this tutorial from Pink Penguin. I thought it turned out so cute. The tutorial didn't indicate the finished size, however, so it was a little smaller than I pictured it would be. Not that it was any less cute, mind you. It went together quickly- less than an hour, I think. I love finding ways to use fabric I have on had already. I used batik for the top strip, a linen-looking fabric for the bottom, and another batik for the lining.

I had a wedding shower to go to the next day, so I made another one, but bigger (I regret not getting a picture of it...) and I filled it with office supplies- envelopes, stapler, sticky notes, paper clips, etc. I was really pleased with how it turned out. I think the hand-made tote gave it a nice touch.

No comments: