Monday, November 24, 2008

30's prints wallhanging

I've had this little quilt pieced & quilted for quite a while... just last week I found it in a tub somewhere buried under a stack of unfinshed projects. All it needed was the binding. I guess I put it away earlier, as I wasn't sure if I wanted to make a pillow out of it, or a little wall hanging.
So, this Saturday, I got the binding on.

It's all reprodution 30's prints, which is far from my usual fabric picks. But, I like it alot. It's bright & cheery & fresh looking. I added the bee & 2 ladybugs & the embroidered verse.

It's machine pieced, and hand quilted & hand appliqued. I don't do much hand quilting, this size project was just the right size for me to hand quilt. I admire those of you who can hand quilt a bed-size quilt!
It came from a pattern in this book:
Her version of the pattern was made into a "Good Morning" pillow... As I am very much not a morning person, I think the wallhanging suits me better!

No comments: